Anguilla is a British overseas territory in the Caribbean.It is one of the most northerly of the Leeward Islands in the Lesser Antilles, lying east of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands and directly north of Saint Martin.
The territory consists of the main island of Anguilla itself,
approximately 26 km (16 mi) long by 5 km (3.1 mi) wide
at its widest point, together with a number of much
smaller islands and cays with no permanent population.
The island’s capital is The Valley. The total land area of the territory is 91 km2 (35 sq mi), with a population of approximately 13,500 (2006 estimate).Anguilla has become a popular tax haven, having no capital gains, estate, profit or other forms of direct taxation on either individuals or corporations. In April 2011, faced with a mounting deficit, it introduced a 3% “Interim Stabilization Levy”, Anguilla’s first form of income tax.
If you were searching for
Anguilla, Anguilla academic institutions Directory, Directory, Anguilla,
Academic institutions, research, higher education, directory,
Anguilla academic institutions Directory,
TOP ranked academic institutions in Anguilla,
Then be happy as your search is end,
Find TOP ranked academic institutions in Anguilla with
academic institutions Directory.Search for thousands of schools and academic institutions worldwide , job vacancies in
and Teaching, bachelors , masters , PhD programs, courses and degrees, international cooperation and the latest academic news from thousands academic schools around the world!
List of Universities of Anguilla,
Note = There is No University & No College in Anguilla till Today,
Education in Anguilla,
The Education Department manages and oversees the education system in Anguilla. The Department is directed by the following Mission Statement:
The Government of Anguilla is committed to providing quality education services, through highly motivated and competent educators, to produce loyal, knowledgeable and skilled citizens of sound characters, empowered to function effectively in a rapidly changing technology society.
The department focuses on raising student achievement. This is articulated and manifested in seven stated policy areas:
- Access to Education
- Administration and Management
- Curriculum Development
- Human Resource Development
- Alliances with the community
- Pastoral care
- Financing Education
(See the Five Year Education Development Plan for the goals of education and details of the various policy areas.)
Management Structure of Education Development in Anguilla,
Presently the management structure of the department consists of the Chief Education Officer along with four Education Officers. The Education officers are, Education Officer Primary and Pre-primary, Education Officer Curriculum, Education Officer Multi-Professional Support Services (MPSS) and Education Officer Examinations.
In addition there is a Coordinator of Adult Education and a Coordinator Early Childhood Education, and a Curriculum Officer for science.
The Roles are as follows:
- The Chief Education Officer has overall responsibility for the operation of the education system.
- The Education Officer Primary/ Pre-Primary coordinates and oversees the primary and pre-primary education system.
- The Education Officer Curriculum is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of all Curricula related matters.
- The Education Officer Multi-Professional Support Services is responsible for and oversees the various units that function to support teaching and learning. This includes for example Special Education, School Health, and Counseling among others.
- The Education Officer Examinations is responsible for all matters related to exams and assessment. It includes for example the local Test of Standards (TOS) the regional CXC/CSEC and several international exams.
- The Coordinator Adult and Continuing Education (CACE) coordinates the Continuing Education and Teacher Training Programmes, while the Coordinator Early Childhood Education overseas the provision of Early Childhood Education.
- The Curriculum Officer for Science monitors and supports the teaching of science in the schools. In addition all the officers in the department are involved in school reviews and supervision of teaching and learning.
Anguilla academic institutions,
Academic institutions in Anguilla,
TOP ranked schools in Anguilla,
Schools in Anguilla,
There are six Government Primary Schools in Anguilla.
These are the:
- Alwyn Allison Primary – (264) 497 6721
(Located in West End)
- Vivian Vanterpool Primary – (264) 497 4181
(Located in Island Harbour)
- Morris Vanterpool Primary – (264) 497 4489
(Located in East End)
- Adrian T. Hazell- (264) 497 4181
(Located in South Hill)
- Orealia Kelly Primary – (264) 497 2888
(Located in Stoney Ground)
- Valley Primary – (264) 497 2887
(Located in the Valley area)
There are a number of pre-schools owned and operated by local churches. There is one secondary school, The Albena Lake Hodge Comprehensive school (ALHCS). It consists of two campuses- Campus A and Campus B. Campus B houses forms 1 and 2 while Campus A houses forms 3 – 6.
Contact information for the 2 Campuses are as follows:
- Campus A – (264) 497 2416
- Campus B – (264) 497 0551
The official school age in Anguilla is 5 – 17. There are presently about 1460 students in the primary system and 1062 in the secondary system.
For further information you may contact the Education Department at
(264) 497 2874 / 2875
Anguilla is in North America
Anguilla Academic institutions in
Anguilla, TOP ranked schools in